|Make sure you prepare a soft landing: taking the leap|
5. IT TAKES TWO Avoid unnerving him by proposing in too public a space. This also alleviates some of the pressure of an audience! If you are going to propose at a sport event or in at a restaurant, wait until the crowd around you is jumping up to celebrate a goal or write the proposal on their napkin to keep it discreet - if they react euphorically, then you can both jump up and do a victory dance on the table, or accept the free champagne...
6. YOU HAD ME AT HELLO Don't over complicate what you're going to say. Proposals are nerve-wracking things that can make you feel very vulnerable so you need to speak from the heart about how much you adore them and get the question out. Don’t speak in riddles, but do give into the giddiness and euphoria of it all – it’s a nice thing you’re asking, so don’t be embarrassed. Let your love do the talking.
7. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON Try not to panic if he doesn’t instantaneously say yes. He may be a touch dumb-struck, think it’s a ruse or you may simply have stolen his thunder by pipping him to the proposal.
8. MORE MOET, MORE PROBLEMS Have one drink for Dutch courage, but don’t get sloshed to try and staunch your nerves: this is a recipe for slurred words and you may not even remember having asked or what the outcome was the next morning. Wait to pop a bottle of Moet & Chandon finest open until he's said yes.
9. FALL AT YOUR FEET Don’t kneel - it looks a little less chivalric, more craven when a woman does it. Plus, it’s tricky in heels and skirts and hard on the knees!
10. PUT A RING ON IT Seal the deal with a kiss, or a classically beautiful Cartier watch such as the Ballon Bleu (above) with the proposal date engraved on the back plate.
Visit the London boutique 143 - 144 Sloane Street, London SW1X 9AY. Cartier.co.uk
And remember, tradition dictates (and was once law) that if he refuses you are entitled to a kiss and a silk gown; if he says yes however, the positive is that many men will return the proposal to ensure you get the diamonds!
SEE MORE CARTIER BEAUTIES HERE
Post a Comment